Scratch-off lottery tickets give me an adrenaline rush like you wouldn’t believe. Will I win $100? Maybe $1000? It never works out though does it? I have never won a dime playing the lottery. I haven’t even won a penny. But I still love scratching off that silver coating, the shreds getting stuck under my unmanicured fingers. Since I don’t buy lottery tickets very often, I can get my fix with these Scratch-Off Valentines. And unlike lottery tickets, they are totally kid friendly.
^^^PIN THIS TO YOUR VALENTINE’S DAY BOARD^^^
You didn’t know you could make your own scratch-off, did you? It is so easy, takes less than 15 minutes (minus drying time) and I’m here to show you how to make them.
DIY SCRATCH-OFF VALENTINES SUPPLIES
Acrylic Paint (I used gray but you can use any color you want)
Clear contact paper or packing tape
Dawn dish detergent
Valentines (download all three designs shown below for free here)
1. First, print the valentines onto heavy cardstock. The heavier the better.
2. Next, cover the valentines with CONTACT paper. You can also use packing tape tape, which is what I did. I did not have any contact paper handy and Target didn’t have any but they did have packing tape, so that is what I used. You just need something clear over the valentine
3. Next, mix 2 parts paint with one part Dawn.
4. Paint the mixture over the rectangles to cover the words.
5. Let the paint dry and then scratch off to reveal the message.
Make your own scratch off #valentines with this easy tutorial!Click To Tweet
HOW FUN IS THAT?
You’ll be the awesome mom who sends in really cool Valentines with NO CANDY attached. The other moms will thank you, I promise.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE VALENTINES
JOIN MY COMMUNITY!
Enter your email to get a free home decor print package plus new prints each month! By entering your email, you are agreeing to receive weekly newsletters from us.