SUPPLIES FOR PAINT SCRAPE CARDS
HOW TO MAKE PAINT SCRAPE CARDS
- Fold your white cardstock into a 4×6 card. If you have any pre-made cards, you can use those too.
- Cut out the sea life cut files onto vinyl. The cut files come in a set and contain a shell, sand dollar, starfish and a beachy saying. You can get the files here. Make sure the vinyl is not permanent adhesive.
- Place the vinyl design onto the front center of the card.
- Place small dots of paint at the top of the card (make sure to protect your work surface)
- Using a credit card or other thin, flat surface, scrape down the card from top to bottom, pulling the paint down the card.
- Once the paint had dried a little, peel off the vinyl to reveal your design. Be careful and go slow so your card doesn’t rip. This is why you can’t use permanent vinyl because it will stick to the card too much.
If any paint seeps under the vinyl, you can do some touch ups with white paint and a small brush.When you’re done, you have a beautiful set of beach themed cards! My daughter made the shell and sand dollar card and I made the starfish card. I love how the paint turns out different each time so no two are alike. Even if you put the paint drops in the same order, it will always look different depending on how you scrape it down the card.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
JOIN MY COMMUNITY!
Enter your email to get a free home decor print package plus new prints each month! By entering your email, you are agreeing to receive weekly newsletters from us.