This year I made some pallet subway art for my mantel. This piece costs me less than 5 bucks. The pallet was free and all I had to purchase was some red and blue paint and some screws.
After sanding, I painted the planks with a semi gloss white.
We cut each plank down to size and then used smaller pieces of wood on the back to hold the planks together.
Using red and blue acrylic paint, I painted the stencil with two coats of paint, letting the first coat dry before applying the second. I then removed the stencil while the paint was still slightly wet. Touch up any areas using a small paintbrush.
This July 4th Pallet Subway Art makes the perfect addition to my summer mantel. All the other decor on the mantel (except the window) was purchased at the Dollar Store. I also added my DIY Patriotic Art to complete the look.
Latest posts by Kelly (see all)
- Watermelon Blueberry Feta Salad - July 28, 2015
- Creativity Unleashed Link Party #79 and DecoArt Giveaway - July 23, 2015
- Grilled BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Skewers - July 22, 2015
- Distressed Beach Sign - July 20, 2015
- Creativity Unleashed Link Party #78 and DecoArt Giveaway! - July 16, 2015