- Measure the distance along the wall from the outside of one window casing to the outside of the other casing. Allow for any overhang that you want.
- Purchase this length of metal conduit at your local home improvement store.
- Measure from the outside of the casing to the first bend in the wall. Place a mark on the conduit. Do this for the other end of the conduit also. This is where you will bend your rod.
- Make a template out of cardboard, a nail and a clip. Use this template to measure the exact angle of the bend. Adjust it to the correct angle and secure with the clip.
After you bend your conduit, hang it up to make sure that you have it exactly the way you want it. You may have to do some more bending to adjust it a bit.
After you have your conduit exactly the way you want it, spray paint it to match the other rods in your house, if needed. I spray painted my conduit with Rustoleum Metallic (aff. link) in Oil Rubbed Bronze to match the curtain rods in my living room.
Latest posts by Kelly (see all)
- 10 Fun Summer Printables - July 31, 2015
- Creativity Unleashed Link Party #80 and DecoArt Giveaway - July 30, 2015
- Orange Creamsicle Popsicles - July 30, 2015
- Watermelon Blueberry Feta Salad - July 28, 2015
- Creativity Unleashed Link Party #79 and DecoArt Giveaway - July 23, 2015