DIY BAY WINDOW CURTAIN ROD
Here’s how you can make your own bay window curtain rod.
- Measure the distance along the wall from the outside of one window casing to the outside of the other casing. Allow for any overhang that you want.
- Purchase this length of metal conduit at your local home improvement store.
- Measure from the outside of the casing to the first bend in the wall. Measure this distance from the end of the conduit and place a mark using a Sharpie. Do this for the other end of the conduit also. This is where you will bend your rod.
- Make a template out of cardboard, a nail and a clip like in the picture below. Use this template to measure the exact angle of the bend. Adjust it to the correct angle and secure with the clip.
After you bend your conduit, hang it up to make sure that you have it exactly the way you want it. You may have to do some more bending to adjust it a bit.
After you have your conduit exactly the way you want it, spray paint it to match the other rods in your house, if needed. I spray painted my conduit with Rustoleum Metallic in Oil Rubbed Bronze to match the curtain rods in my living room. I LOVE this spray paint! It really covers well, doesn’t chip or flake and the metal conduit looks so much like the other “real” curtain rods in my house that you can’t even tell the difference.
Latest posts by Kelly (see all)
- 15 Leftover Turkey Recipes - November 27, 2015
- Creativity Unleashed Link Party # 97 and Moen Giveaway - November 26, 2015
- Skinny Sweet Potato Casserole - November 25, 2015
- Chalkboard Holiday Charger - November 24, 2015
- Chalkboard and Wine Cork Place Cards - November 23, 2015