- Measure the distance along the wall from the outside of one window casing to the outside of the other casing. Allow for any overhang that you want.
- Purchase this length of metal conduit at your local home improvement store.
- Measure from the outside of the casing to the first bend in the wall. Measure this distance from the end of the conduit and place a mark using a Sharpie. Do this for the other end of the conduit also. This is where you will bend your rod.
- Make a template out of cardboard, a nail and a clip like in the picture below. Use this template to measure the exact angle of the bend. Adjust it to the correct angle and secure with the clip.
After you have your conduit exactly the way you want it, spray paint it to match the other rods in your house, if needed. I spray painted my conduit with Rustoleum Metallic (affiliate link) in Oil Rubbed Bronze to match the curtain rods in my living room. I LOVE this spray paint! It really covers well, doesn’t chip or flake and the metal conduit looks so much like the other “real” curtain rods in my house that you can’t even tell the difference.
Latest posts by Kelly (see all)
- Sweet Valentine Party - February 8, 2016
- Creativity Unleashed Link Party #106 and MOEN Giveaway! - February 4, 2016
- 14 Sweet Valentine’s Day Crafts - February 3, 2016
- Tic Tac Valentine: We Are MINT For Each Other - February 1, 2016
- DIY Vapor Shower Disks - January 29, 2016