Cut a piece of scrapbook paper to 5″x7″
Cut a coordinating piece of scrapbook paper to 5″ by whatever width you decide looks good with your snowflake.
The snowflake that I have was made by my mother in law with one of those fancy sewing machines. She gave me 2 and I used one as an ornament and one for this project. You can use any snowflake that you want. A chipboard snowflake would look nice. A sticker would work well too.
Tape your snowflake to the middle of the red paper and then tape the red paper to the middle of the green paper.
Here is a close-up of the snowflake. The loop in the upper left is for hanging on the tree. It amazes me what these new fangled sewing machines can do.
Please make sure to join me back here tomorrow for Cookies and Crafts for Sandy Hook. I have teamed up with a group of bloggers to pay tribute to the victims of last week’s tragedy in Newtown, CT.
You can find out more about this event by following #BloggersforSandyHook on Twitter.
You can also read about it here or click the icon below.
Latest posts by Kelly (see all)
- Creativity Unleashed Link Party #89 and Amazon Gift Card Giveaway - October 1, 2015
- eBook Launch Day: Conquer the Chaos! - October 1, 2015
- Green Slime Popcorn Balls - September 30, 2015
- I’m Launching an E Book! - September 28, 2015
- Chocolate Covered Pretzel and Marshmallow Bones - September 27, 2015