Cut a piece of scrapbook paper to 5″x7″
Cut a coordinating piece of scrapbook paper to 5″ by whatever width you decide looks good with your snowflake.
The snowflake that I have was made by my mother in law with one of those fancy sewing machines. She gave me 2 and I used one as an ornament and one for this project. You can use any snowflake that you want. A chipboard snowflake would look nice. A sticker would work well too.
Tape your snowflake to the middle of the red paper and then tape the red paper to the middle of the green paper.
Here is a close-up of the snowflake. The loop in the upper left is for hanging on the tree. It amazes me what these new fangled sewing machines can do.
Please make sure to join me back here tomorrow for Cookies and Crafts for Sandy Hook. I have teamed up with a group of bloggers to pay tribute to the victims of last week’s tragedy in Newtown, CT.
You can find out more about this event by following #BloggersforSandyHook on Twitter.
You can also read about it here or click the icon below.
Latest posts by Kelly (see all)
- Creativity Unleashed Link Party #85 and Color Cord Giveaway - September 3, 2015
- White Sangria Recipe - August 31, 2015
- Creativity Unleashed Link Party #84 and Expressions Vinyl Giveaway - August 27, 2015
- Free Printable Lunch Box Notes - August 26, 2015
- 10 Ultimate Football Tailgating Recipes - August 24, 2015