Fall Mantel

Is it still unseasonably warm where you live?  Where is this Fall weather that should be here?  I guess I will have to wait a bit longer.  But I just couldn’t wait any longer to decorate my Fall mantel. I was almost ready to break out the decorations at the end of August but just couldn’t bring myself to do it.  I forced myself to wait until September.

And the best part… I had everything in my stash from last year!

I added the old window to my mantel earlier this year and I love it.  It is the perfect backdrop and can be used for any season or holiday.

The beads are actually candle holders that I bought a long time ago.    Lately I have been really drawn to  these type of beads.  I used them on my Autumn wreath.

The frames spell out the word Autumn.  I made these a while ago (before the Cricut and Silhouette became popular). Yes, those letters were drawn and cut by hand {shocker}

I filled my dollar store hurricane vase with plastic jewel pumpkins and leaves ( also from the dollar store) and a candle.

A couple more candles, some fall colored flowers, and a star shaped lantern and I’ve got myself a new seasonal mantel.

Now if this weather could just take a hint!

The following two tabs change content below.

Kelly

is a mother of two living in coastal North Carolina. Her lifestyle blog, Here Comes the Sun, contains easy crafts, recipes and DIY projects. She enjoys the beach, is a chocolate addict and loves chevron, chalkboards and the Beatles.

Latest posts by Kelly (see all)

Comments

1. Paula Parrish says

It has been a super hot summer, and I am also ready for the fall weather. Love your fall mantel design, super creative. ;o)

2. says

I love the whole shebang! But, the best part for me are those framed letters! I love that you cut ’em out by hand. (I don’t have a specialized cutting tool, so I kick it old school.) :) Great job, my dear!

-Amberly!

3. Barbara Hiatt says

Love it Kelly! I’m dying to find an old window to add to my mantel! Great job! I’m pinning:)
    Barbara at Chase the Star

4. says

I love the idea of using the window as the focal point and then changing its accents for the holidays.
    We are about to buy a house with TWO fireplaces, so I’m really excited for mantle ideas!

5. MJ says

Ah! I need to find myself a window. I love the way it looks on the mantel. Definitely in the market for some good fall mantel inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

6. Carissa Rasmussen says

here it’s actually perfect fall weather-not too cold that it’s uncomfortable outside and not too hot that you start sweating the moment you go outside. great mantle!

7. Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. says

Just wanted to let you know that I am doing a round up post on Fall Mantels tomorrow and yours is included!