Here is something that the kids are gonna LOVE!
It's a substance called GAK. Have you heard of it?
Is it a liquid? Is it a solid? It's stretchy and slightly gooey and oh so fun!
Want to know how to make it?
Glue (4 oz.) bottle
1. Place 1/2 cup water in a bowl. Add the entire bottle of glue. It helps if you just unscrew the cap and dump it all in. Mix together
2. Add your choice of food coloring and mix
3. In a separate container, add 1 cup hot water (microwave it for one minute). Add 1 tbs. Borax and mix until dissolved. Add an additional 1/2 tbs. Borax and mix. Keep adding 1/2 tbs. until it no longer dissolves.
4. Pour the Borax mixture into the glue mixture. Stir until you get a clump in the middle and liquid around it.
Your "clump" in the middle will be more solid than this.
I added too much water to this batch and it did not clump up like it should have.
5. Lift the clump out of the bowl and squeeze it in your hands until it solidifies a bit. It will be really slimy at first but will solidify. Pour off the excess water.
Let your kids go crazy with it.
They also used it as some sort of wrist band that shoots lasers.
Whatever! At least it kept them entertained for more than 5 minutes!