This is super easy and quick to make.
Here is what you need:
Clear ornament that you can fill
Red shredded gift bag/basket filler
Yellow acrylic paint
1. Fill the ornament with the red shredded gift bag filler. Kids love this step.
2. Draw Santa's belt onto the ornament with a black sharpie marker.
3. Paint a yellow buckle on the belt in the center of the ornament.
I used the box that the ornament came in as a drying rack. It was then that I noticed that the buckle was completely crooked. Oops. So to fix it up a bit...
I drew a black outline of how I wanted the buckle to look and then filled it in with paint. Let the first coat of paint dry and add a second coat. I then made the belt a bit thicker to go with the bigger belt buckle.
4. Draw a black square in the middle of the buckle
5. Tie on a pretty ribbon and hang from your tree.
I think it turned out pretty good! We have several new handmade ornaments on our tree this year and I have found that this has been one of the funnest projects to share with my daughter. She loves to help and loves to hang the finished product on the tree.